Important Service Update - Power Supply for Ring Video Doorbell
Dear OhmKat Customer,
We have recently received some calls concerning the loss of power to Ring Video Doorbells. Rest assured that OhmKat Doorbell Power Supplies are professionally designed and individually tested before being sold to customers. Our power supplies rarely fail and have a full lifetime replacement warranty.
However, sometimes the white “Ring” light goes off or the doorbell no longer charges. In most cases, a Ring firmware update has caused the system to require a reset, or the doorbell was loosely installed causing the connections to short. OhmKat Power Supplies disconnect power when this happens to protect the doorbell and the wiring from damage. A simple reset and tightening of the connection will restore the system.
Please do the following if you are facing this situation:
- Please remove the doorbell from the app and then reinstall it.
- Unplug the power supply. Wait 5 minutes. Plug it back in.
- If white light does not come on, then check that your Ring is seated properly and that all connections are solid and there are no loose connections. Take the Ring off the baseplate and then put it back on.
- Make sure that the socket has power at this time (plug in a lamp and see if it turns on).
- If the white light is on, and Ring is not working 100% then just remove the Ring from the baseplate and charge it through USB for a one time power boost. While the OhmKat will maintain the battery, beginning with a full battery will maintain optimal performance.
For the Ring Pro, make sure that the doorbell kit settings is set to “None”.
We take pride in our Power Supplies and are committed to helping you have years of trouble free performance.
Please do not hesitate to write to us at email@example.com. If we cannot resolve your problem, we will replace your unit or give you a refund.
Brent and Vinny