We get a lot of questions about pairing multiple chimes. We designed the chime to be very flexible. You can pair multiple receivers to a single transmitter, or vice versa. You can also pair multiple receivers to multiple transmitters, and have different sounds depending on the bell that is pressed.
Here are the pairing instructions:
Please plug in the second non-paired receiver into a outlet. With the transmitter plugged in at the split connection, do the following:
- Press and hold the volume button. Do not hold it for more than 5 second or all pairing will be deleted.
- Then immediately press the doorbell button three times quickly in succession so that the transmitter sends a pairing communication to the receiver. You should hear the chime ring. As soon as the chime rings release the volume button. Just make sure that in the app the chime setting is on.
- Repeat 3 if not successful. Once it rings, it is paired.
- Once paired both receivers will ring when the bell is pressed.
You can pair as many chimes to a single transmitter as needed.
Even better, if you have multiple video doorbells on different doors, each doorbell can be paired with every chime in the home. I.e., every chime in the home will ring when any doorbell is pressed. Simply go through the pairing instructions for each chime receiver for as many doorbells as you have.
- If you have trouble pairing, move the chime close to the transmitter for pairing. Once paired, it can be moved to anywhere in the home.
- While we have tested chimes up to 300 feet, the material in the home can have an adverse effect on the connectivity (e.g., plaster walls and extensive steel beams will limit range). Try different outlets if it is not working properly.
- If you know in advance that you are pairing multiple chimes, do so locally prior to installation using a power strip as this allows one person pairing and is much faster.
- You do not need a video doorbell to pair chimes. To simulate a doorbell ring, touch the bare wire ends together (you won't get shocked), which will cause the chime to ring or pair if in pairing mode.
- Occasionally multiple bell pairing will require a second round of pairing to ensure connectivity. Simply follow the instructions again if there are any issues.
- If you are having continued difficulty, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-876-3034 for fast installation help every day of the week.
Let Freedom Ring!